Consigning with Saxquest
Click here for our consignment form
Several years ago, Saxquest began establishing itself among a wide network of professional players, instrument dealers and collectors. Today we can boast of online and offline contacts throughout the world. The owner of Saxquest, Mark Overton, has been an appraiser for Antiques Roadshow/Trash for Treasure events in the St. louis area for several years and can accurately appriase your saxophone based on current market conditions. As a result, we have a very good market for your saxophone.
Consigning with Saxquest is simple and easy!
- The first step is to fill out our consignment form. This initial step gives you the opportunity to tell us a bit about what you have. You can set the price or you can ask us to appraise it for you.
- Our consignment fee is only 10% of the selling price for instruments that sell for $1000 or more, 15% for those that sell between $800-$1000 and 20% for those items under $800.
- Next, you'll receive a confirmation of acceptance from us via email followed by a consignment contract.
- Our confirmation email will provide you with shipping instructions and you'll then send your instrument to us (this is your only out of pocket cost.)
- Repair work may be suggested. If so, we will only work on your horn with your permission and the fee for such repair work will be taken out of the final disbursement check once the horn sells. In this manner, you're not out of pocket for a repair bill before the sale.
- If at any time you want your horn back, simply ask and we'll have it shipped back to you immediately. You will be responsible for all return shipping expenses and for the full price of any repair work that was done (if applicable).
- All instruments will be fully insured at appraised value while in our possession.
- A check will be cut no later than 30 days after a sale is completed.